Coach Ben

Coach Ben
Coach Ben

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Animan Needs Your Help!

Today I received this e-mail. I wanted to give this friend some good advice, but my computer skills are woefully lacking, and I didn't know what to say. I'm sure someone out there in Animan's World must know what to do. Here's my friend's request:
"I purchased a couple videos in the Mac format to play on my iPhone and my iPad. I have a windows computer however. If anyone can help me, I'm wondering how to get my videos onto my iPad since they wont run on my windows computer tho, if anyone has any advice it would really help, thanks." 
So if any of you out there in Animan's World can help our friend out, please send a comment below, and I'll make sure it gets posted. Thanks guys!

15 comments:

  1. you just go to the store and download again, since you've already purchased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think our friend means that he purchased some ANIMAN videos. Although his computer is Windows, the videos he bought were MOV files, so that they'd work on an Apple iPhone and iPad. But he's wondering how to get his ANIMAN videos into his iPad.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, ooh, I know the answer to this one.

    Handbrake.

    It's a free video converter, a lot of people use it to convert movies to iPhone/iPad format (they can then be subsequently imported into iTunes and synced with your device). I've successfully used this to convert a bunch of movie files before, and no doubt they'll work with your movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, forgot to include the link.

    http://handbrake.fr/

    You can download it for Mac, Windows, and Ubuntu (Linux).

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, the solution is to download QuickTime Player. Download this Player into your PC (like I did into my Windows PC) and it will DEFINITELY solve your dilemma. Here's the link: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you "I Luv Animan", for that other solution!

      Delete
  5. I would do ANYTHING for you, Animan. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

    ReplyDelete
  7. can't seem to find an email to contact you with.
    but you are famous!
    I was on A4A and one of the advertisers was using a snapshot from one of your shorts.

    I have been a huge fan of yours and always looking forward to seeing what will come out of your saucy brain. But I am glad to see I am not the only one
    -guysoled

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that, Guysoled! Actually you CAN find my e-mail address--Just go to my post for Monday May 7, 2012: "How Do I Buy The Videos?" There is a movie screen that's blue with white letters saying: "You can contact Animan by writing to him at:" Play that, and you'll find the e-mail address. (It may not show up on your iPod or iPad, but it will show up on your computer!)

      Delete
  8. The simplest solution is the Quicktime download from Apple as mentioned in the second comment. This option will allow your friend to play the .MOV files on a Windows PC without converting the original file.

    As for copying over to the iPad/iPhone, your friend just needs to import the video into his iTunes on the Windows PC that his devices are sync'd with, then sync the devices. This will allow him to view the stored content. He needs to remember though, none of this is secured, and will be visible to anyone browsing his iTunes library or devices.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete