Coach Ben

Coach Ben
Coach Ben

Friday, February 7, 2014

Back to School for Animan

Animan is always studying how to make his videos better. Recently on Ebay, I found an old set of textbooks from the 1950's Famous Artists Course at a very reasonable price, so I bought them. The books are filled with fantastic illustrations and paintings created by many famous American artists and illustrators, such as Norman Rockwell. Techniques for good composition, shadows, lighting and balance are explained in great detail. I already know some of these things, but there are others that I don't know.I have a lot to learn!

One unexpected surprise in this course was these photographs. Nice Daddy! This is a real Animan-type of man! My only complaint? It's not in color! 

7 comments:

  1. Cool..Btw now I got all of ur videos and am waiting for country club...So excited ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rashid! The video won't be ready for a little while, yet. Thanks for being patient!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the review of 'Famous Artists Course'. It's cool to know that the tips and techniques featured are still useful today. I also came across this neat little blog link about cartoon writers and their writing process. Check it out.

    http://animationresources.org/?p=555

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know this blog! That's where I had first seen some pages from the Famous Artists Course.

      Delete
  3. I saw "Twist Party" a year or so ago, and it rocked my world! Who would have known animation could be so erotic? I recently came across "Lex Stern MD" and was so turned on, I found your blog. I felt so guilty about seeing it for free after reading how much time and energy goes into Animan's work, that I promptly went to The Animan Shop and bought all of his cartoons. Thank you for the intriguing mix of decidedly raunchy and innocence that comes out in your work. The sexual activity taking place is often the stuff of my fantasies. Please let me know how I should contact you with the name of the site where I found Lex. I look forward to your next production!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If my Animan cartoons are turning you on, then it is my fondest wish come true! Thank you for telling me all about it. I never get tired of hearing such good news. And thank you for buying all the Animan cartoons! I do my best to make sure the picture and sound quality are as good as I can make them.
    I also appreciate your letting me know where the cartoons might be posted without my permission. All I need is the URL of the page in question. You can either write to me here, in which case I will NOT publish your message. Or, you can go to the Animan Shop and contact me from there. Either way, I'll receive it.
    Thanks again for the wonderful, uplifting message! :D

    ReplyDelete