This is A Bica do Sapato, a stylish restaurant serving Mediterranean dishes and sushi. It has an extensive terrace with wonderful views of the Tagus River. My friends took me here my third night in Lisbon, and the food was just marvelous! And another reason I love this place--it's got a retro mood just like my movie "Twist Party"! No wonder I felt at home the moment I walked in the place.





Lisbon or Lisboa as it is in Portuguese is a beautiful modern city. I loved when I was there in the 80's when Reagan was U.S. President.
ReplyDeleteLisboa is the most beautiful city of Portugal. I was there in 1986.
ReplyDeleteI don’t think that Portugal was always one of the most popular European destinations—but that seems to be changing very quickly.
DeleteIt was mostly a very poor resource less country. Shepherds and desolate land. A land of immigration. In recent decades however things have changed dramatically. Good to talk to you. Now that I am retired, I may travel more...
DeleteWonderful to have you back here at Animan’s World!
DeleteYou must be having the time of your life! I get how you felt about the retro look. Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong time...then again, being a gay man in the 50's/60's wouldn't have been very much fun. Too bad we can't all just hop into one of your toons in a Mary Poppins-esque fashion and live a day in that oh so hot alternate world you've created!
ReplyDeleteYes, it was a great trip. I’m home again, now.
DeleteIn the 50’s/60’s, cars, clothes and architecture were pretty cool—now, cars, clothes and buildings are very chunky-looking. In the old days, most people had a caveman-level stupidity about sexuality, and thank goodness that’s improving now. Today’s intelligence with the stylishness of yesteryear—that’s the Animan dream!
Agreed! If only we could bring back those clean cut looks, when men were MEN!
DeleteI like it when men tuck their shirts in because then, it’s much easier to see those bottom curves, and my imagination gets a real good rest.
Delete