Coach Ben

Coach Ben
Coach Ben

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Animan Goes to Tumblr.

I have been informed that blogspot will be eliminating many adult-themed blogs in the coming month. There's a very good chance that Animan's World will not survive the change, so I have started a new blog at:
http://mraniman.tumblr.com/

I've always used blogger, so I'm used to it. Unfortunately, Tumblr is set up in a different way, so I have to spend time experimenting with it. At the moment, the Animania page is very plain-looking. But it's a start!

17 comments:

  1. Awesome! I was hoping you'd make the transition to Tumblr sooner or later. Its super easy to use and its an amazing blogging tool in my opinion. When you do start using it, I recommend you check out the Tumblr xkit extension for your browser. Trust me, it'll make your blogging experience much better! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! It will be interesting to see how the blog develops in the new format. :D

      Delete
  2. I just hope that Tumblr doesn't pull the same stunt as Blogger is doing. Tumblr is owned by Yahoo, so there's a good chance that it might. In the meantime, I found your Tumblr page, but for some reason, I'm not able to "Follow" it. Perhaps the page is too new?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Berwyn. I already got some followers yesterday so I don't know if the newness is the problem. Come to think of it, when I started THIS blog 3 years ago, the same problem happened to a few friends. After a slow start, they were able to do so.

      Delete
    2. I went in again this evening, and now it works for me. I don't want to lose track of you, Animan!

      Delete
    3. I wouldn't want to lose track of you either, Berwyn Bearcub!

      Delete
  3. Tumblr is...a different beast. But as an FYI, Blogger isn't eliminating blogs. At least, they aren't eliminating them outright. What they're doing is basically hiding the content so that unless the blog owner gives express permission - a viewer can't access the actual blog.

    It kills the ability for blogs to get new audience members and watchers...it's really sad because I know of at least 2 artists who had adult blogs and died. Now their works will be hidden away (since dead men can't send invitations).

    Blogger can't be THAT much of a haven for porn. A lot of those bloggers went to Wordpress ages ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess all I can do is wait and see what happens...

      Delete
  4. hey animan how are you???????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CDX
      You mean how am I after my operation? I'm getting better faster and faster. There are some stitches in a vertical line down my abdomen...they were kind of itchy, but that's starting to go away. When the hair is all grown in again, They won't so visible. There's very little pain now, and I can sit for longer stretches at the computer, which is a good sign.

      Delete
  5. This a very interesting issue, since Tumblr has a plethora of "NSFW" blogs. I have watched interviews with the founder of Reddit, and he seems to completely believe in "an internet for all" (you should definitely be on Reddit, in my opinion). I did suspect something was going on with Blogger recently, due to the number of missing blogs I came across that were gay-themed. Supposedly, due to some "violation of terms"?

    Animan, my friend, you truly need an Animan's World app. An app can harness the power of your fan-base to pull in more fans, especially when a new movie is premiered.

    ***just a thought….when you become famous and actually have to host a Hollywood premiere for one of your movies (with the total works: red carpet, paparazzi, and stretch limos), will the attire be tuxedo jackets, tux shirts and ties, sheer sox with garters, but no pants allowed? Could we wear black jock straps instead of pants? Just think about it……

    An app may also solve the problem you have with unauthorized postings, for awhile, if we (your fans or "members of AW") can only watch your movies through your app. It could have drawing exercises, Animan games, along with a member chat. Lots of fun things for us to occupy ourselves with when Animan is busy working on a new film.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Wtrpolodude.
    Your idea for an Animan's World app sounds great---and perhaps someday it could come true. As for the premiere, the attire will be collars (but no shirts) with white bow-ties, cuffs and links, tighty-whities, sheer sox with garters, and black shoes. De rigueur!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you for looking out for me, Animan! Tighty-whities are better than jockstraps for me since I have some "endowment" to lug around. I like this "white tie" ensemble you would require for attendance. We would create an "ocean" of beefy butts stretching their briefs to the max, against the bright red carpet. Truly elegant……sigh….

      Delete
  7. Hey Animan, there's no need to go to Tumblr anymore! Google take what they said back:
    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/blogger/jAep2mLabQY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grigolow BJ, for that information! That's good news for me (Animan)!
      I'll continue this blog.

      Since I have started my blog on Tumblr, I have many new followers. It would not be fair to them to suddenly stop the Tumblr blog--so I shall continue it, too.

      Delete
  8. Hello Animan's World It is true Google has retracted his threat. I first read about it from that Canadian blog where I first saw your own blog. Glad to hear you're doing better.
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that I can continue this blog.. And I'm glad that I'm feeling better. :)

      Delete