Coach Ben

Coach Ben
Coach Ben

Sunday, September 15, 2013

What's Happening in Animan's World

Hi guys. Here's a background from the next cartoon, The Animan All-Star Video.  I have only finished a little bit of it. Why is this video taking so long to complete?

1. There are 10 Animan characters, all with completely different faces. Everybody knows what they look like, so I have to make sure they look right. I feel the pressure!

2. And, my computer broke down a couple weeks ago, and that delayed everything! It's working again and all my data was rescued.

3. Animan always tries to make each new video better than the last, and this one is no exception. And when there are more drawings involved (for more intricate action), it tends to make the production process move snail-slow. Oh well, Animan is up to a challenge!

Recently, the weather has been awful where I'm living, and there's not much chance to get out and get some exercise.  So, when I'm not drawing, I'm sleeping. I seem to be in sort of a mild depression/slump. I can't figure out why--life is going fairly well. Maybe we all have to go through a slump sometime, and it's my turn. I'm sure Animan will be his old, naughty self very soon.

24 comments:

  1. I sympathize with all your hardships, and I'm sure an all-star video is a challenge like nothing before you've faced. I'm just glad to see this post so at least we're in the loop with all that. But there's no need to apologize, just having found somebody who does work like this is enough of lucky find that I would never want to push it too far. I know it sounds cliche, but I've has such "slumps" in my life where I thought there was no way out. But I'm here now and perfectly content. I got through it all, and I trust you will too.
    Seriously though, I really am fucking anxious for a 10 hunk pile-up at a summer resort from the looks of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam H! Thanks for cheering for the Animan team! Things are looking better already. :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Animan,

    take your time buddy. You should already know that there are those of us who support your wonderful and sexy works and would wait as long as you needed for us to wait on any new project.
    I'm sure that you will perfect the right amount of sexy, comedy and naughtiness for us with this new epic sex-toon.

    Take good care friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a nice comment to wake up to! Thank YOU, Friend. :D

      Delete
  3. Hang in there, Animan! We've all been there. You'll come out on top (or on bottom if you like that position better!! he he)
    Take your time with the next cartoon. We all support you and are willing to wait patiently for your next masterpiece!
    Until then, just know that your fans are sending you good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that! You know something? I feel those good thoughts from the fans--in fact, I feel REALLY good! So now, I'm sending my own good thoughts right back! It's going to be a great day to draw!

      Delete
  4. I really don't know anyone else who does what you do. I have purchased every one of your videos and will continue to purchase what you create in the future. Talent like yours needs to be supported. You should get out even if the weather isn't that great. The fresh air does wonders for ones mood. You'll get past whatever you are going through. You just need some ANIMAN time. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for shopping Animan! I appreciate your support--and not just money-wise, either.
      Every animator wants his/her stuff to be seen and enjoyed. In that department, I have been truly blessed. At the Animan Shop, the free videos (Twist Party, School Fantasy, and Sex Ed) have been downloading like gangbusters, so that means that somebody is watching Animan videos! Of course, the other pay-videos like Camp, Beach, Lex, Carmen, etc. have been selling just fine. So what has Animan got to be depressed about, already?
      The heavy winds, rain and high humidity have departed. There's a wide-screen blue sky and it's a gorgeous day. Think I'll go out and get some of that fresh, cool, dry air!

      Delete
  5. Keep up the great work! Any estimated time of arrival?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not for quite a while, I'm afraid. I'll keep everyone informed as things proceed! :D

      Delete
  6. Ok, that looks PRECISELY like Palm Springs, CA. You must've been there before, Animan. It looks really good! Can't wait to add this to my collection. X♥X♥ - Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're pretty sharp there, Pal. Palm Springs it is! I've been there twice and I want to go back! I'll do my best to make it worthy of your collection! x💛x💛

      Delete
    2. I can not wait! I hope all hungry muscled dads oh sorry bottoms:) will get fucked by their slim young big dicked sons oh sorry tops.. I dream about Larry, Ben, Don Jose,Escamillio, Black huge ass bandit, Husband using their big asses and man-pussies!I will be your first customer!

      Delete
    3. Thank you, Fireaqua! This video will be a little different, because all the muscled dads will be assembled in one place, topping each other.

      Delete
  7. Oh great) Its interesting:) Even hungry bottom Ben will be top? I want to be only pure top in this cool party of big-assed dads) like reverse gang bang. I am sure i am not alone in this dream - to fuck all your stars)) Cant wait cartoon Good luck in your job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listen to this message I received: "I wish I could pop into your movies like Mary Poppins used to do and live there!!! HAHAHA"
      I think secretly, we ALL wish that!

      Delete
  8. you are totally right:))) i wanna live between big hungry buttocks of Don Jose and Escamillo, Larry, Lex Stern and Black Thug:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are truly one of the best animators out there period, we are just lucky you also happen to like animating some wickedly hot gay porn...big beefy muscle daddies getting fucked, doesn't get much hotter, and damn your nuances are sexy...so yeah, count me a fan!!! Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark for those kind words. I'll give you exactly one hour to cut that out!!

      Delete
  10. Impressed with your creative drive. I have been trying to do a comic, to be published with works of internet friends, but real life gets in the way, and I'm lazy when I relax instead of sitting down and drawing. I've had a short sketch based on the Hobbit, but I just haven't gotten around to inking/scanning it -- have a Wacom tablet but still not confident about drawing/inking via computer (much less coloring it).
    After seeing your site, I've been paging through my book, Cartoon Modern. Pretty fascinating at how much the artists of the 50's tried to break free of the Disney conventional animation, and how Walt was still involved and permitted some of this style in his studio's productions -- 101 Dalmations being the example they cited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling of wanting to create something, but yet wanting to relax at the same time. That's why the idea for an Animan movie needs to really excite me! When THAT happens, I just naturally can't keep from drawing. Even so, it's very easy to get tired of a a big animation project while one is doing it--usually, after I get past the halfway point in the movie, I tell myself, "You can't stop now! All that work for nothing?" I have a simple technique for pushing myself: I do SOMETHING, ANYTHING every day that keeps the process going. On a hard-working day, I can produce from 10 to 20 seconds' worth of animation in color. Some days,, it's only 3 or 4 seconds, which doesn't feel as exhilarating. But I do SOMETHING every day, no matter how little. It keeps me from feeling guilty.
      You have "Cartoon Modern"? I gotta get me that book one of these days! (talk about procrastination!)
      I think that the modern cartoon look of the 50's was in one way, the result of the end of WWII---people all over the planet seemed to get the idea that this was a new age. Several countries simplified their alphabets and spellings after the war--people seemed to see things differently, and postwar European commercial art styles finally hit the U.S. and really changed things. Glad it happened.

      Delete