Coach Ben

Coach Ben
Coach Ben

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Animan Takes a Trip


I cannot believe that it has been only 5 years since I started this blog as Animan. Anyone who has read the posts is aware of all the things we've been through together. The two biggest cataclysms were: a diagnosis of cancer (which I beat), and then losing my Selz shop. My thanks to those of you who have supported my work as Animan over the years. 

In all that time, I pushed myself a lot of the time to make more films because the fans were clamoring for them, and I think I did a pretty good job of keeping up. I know I haven't been able to fulfill every request that was sent to me. I have tried to be true to myself above all.
I intend to keep making more, for as long as I can.

During these past 5 years, I have been planning to someday take a vacation trip to Portugal.  My aunt married a man from Portugal who was always kind to his nephews, but rather shy. I was always intrigued to know more about his homeland.

I've heard that the Portuguese people are wonderful, the food and wine are fantastic, and that it's a land filled with music and song. It has a stunning southern coastline and plenty of exotic and beautiful places, such as Sintra. And I'd like nothing better than to try my wings at speaking the language, which the Spanish writer Cervantes (author of Don Quixote) called "the sweet and gracious language". 

So, I leave tomorrow and will return home in 11 days.  I hope to have a lot to share when I return.
I want to express my thanks to you, my fans for always watching over me with such warmth.  I want you to know that it is all appreciated!

Adeus! Até a próxima! (Bye till next time!)

17 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Do not worry, we are fans and we will always be there.
    It's a pleasure to have you down in the country where I was born, I know it's strange but it has everywhere throughout the country more and more English, German and French who have on "melt into the Decor" fortunately. ;)
    I embrace you very much, wish you a good journey and say to you already welcome. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got in last night but from what I have seen, Lisbon is super! Everyone is kind and helpful, and this promises to be a real adventure! Thank you for the very kind welcome! 😄

      Delete
  2. Portugal should be wonderful, I live in Brazil but soon I want to do my postgraduate course in Lisbon, how nice that you are traveling, I await your updates on the site kisses <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to hear from you again! I envy you--you already live in Brazil, and you will be in Portugal for your postgraduate course--the best of both worlds! 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  4. !Buen Viaje! that's Spanish, but best I can do
    How bout those blue tiles, huh? Will you be inserting (pardon the expression) them into any of your backgrounds?
    In my experience the Portuguese were a very warm,gracious, and unassuming people, despite their glorious history--that tiny little country once owned Brazil and half of Southern Africa!
    I hope the Algarve is on your itinerary--not to be missed, and a little less touristed by now after summer the summer stampede, but gorgeous Mediterranean weather!
    !Disfrutelo! sorry, Spanish again I know, apologies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boa viagem! Ah yes, the azulejos, the blue tiles. A lot of them are just magnificently beautiful. I WOULD like to do a Portugal-themed video in the future, so who knows if it will feature the blue tiles? (Probably yes...)
    Last night my two host pals took me to a restaurant for some real Portuguese cuisine, served with one of the best red wines I've ever tasted. It was superb, and I spent the rest of the evening in this wonderful dreamlike state, in the afterglow of such a succulent dinner, which was perfect in every way! When a dinner with good friends gives you that wonderful feeling of well-being, life is at its best.
    I don't know if I'll get to go to the Algarve, the southern "Riviera of Portugal"--it depends on my friends' schedules. But if I don't make it down there this time, it'll be the perfect excuse to come back for another visit (once a year would be fine with me).
    And you're absolutely right--the Portuguese are unassuming people, rather reserved but always friendly. I'm beginning to wish that I had signed on for more than a mere 11 days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi bud,
    I am very happy with what you say in your previous message.
    I realize that you know real Portuguese that make you know the good places and the good things of our country.
    You know the Portuguese are reserved, but after a while are no longer;) especially since our reserve is mainly in what concerns privacy, otherwise we are rather open minded.

    Hugo/Francoportugay©

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olá! Every trip to a different country is an adventure, because you never know who you will meet, or where you will end up, or what the people there are thinking. But I get very good vibes from the people here. Lisbon is a big city, but it's not at all noisy, and it is a very peaceful, happy place. I made a very good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, the wine! Still a best-kept secret, and therefore a best-bet import if bought in the U.S. I really scored buying a case once.Went back, sold-out, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every wine-producing country has its own idea of the perfect wine, and the Portuguese version seems to be the one I like best of all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah, those Portuguese navigators really got around in their glory days. Spain was actually Johnny-come-lately. Ultimately the Pope had to divide the world between them. Portugal got everything East of a certain latitude, and Spain got the rest. They even made a movie about this "Aguirre, Wrath of God" set in Brazil How hot would it be to have an orgy of sailors on one of those navigational vessels, stopping in at ports of call to pick up eligible new recruits! Maybe it should be a VIDEO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I stay checking your blog just to see, if you post anything new. Also wow it's been five years! Wow how time flys. Glad to hear you're doing well, and no rush us fans understand that you have to enjoy life and can't always be making us have hot animations to watch. ������������

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Magix, thanks for the big encouraging vote of support! 5 years of making Animan videos--they sure went by quickly. Thanks to awesome fans like you.
    My trip was a wonderful success. Portugal is super-underrated. And it's one of the less-expensive places to visit in Europe. I made a very good choice--and I wanna go back again someday. If anybody out there wonders why, just Google "Pictures of beautiful places in Portugal" and watch what wonders appear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Olá, Sansell! Podes enviar-me o teu endereço de email? Não vou publica-lo aqui. Muito obrigado!

      Delete