Coach Ben

Coach Ben
Coach Ben

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Tumblr Sucks Big Time

Somebody HELP! Yesterday when I went to my Tumblr blog, this goofy pop-up window appears asking about "messaging". I didn't want it at all, but had to click it anyway, to get it to disappear. So guess what happened?

I wanted to answer the messages in my box, so I clicked the Dashboard on the upper right hand corner. This made the letter icon appear (see the photo below). The number 2 is superimposed over the letters, meaning "you have 2 messages". I went to click it to get the messages, but I CAN'T, because the stupid little white head is bouncing out of control, DISABLING the letter icon. 

So I clicked the words "Send a real message" to see what would happen. Text spaces for a few followers appeared, but they're empty! There's nothing for me to respond to. 

I want my messages!!!! And I can't get to them. 

SO---I go over to write a post instead, in the space where I write and post drawings---and THAT doesn't respond anymore, either!  I clicked my mouse till I'm blue in the face. Nothing.

Well---too bad. Because NOW, I cannot write anymore posts, and I cannot post anymore drawings on TUMBLR, thanks to "messaging". This is modern technology, Friends! Somebody sets up a great blog---and then when you've got it working OK, they add something to totally ruin it. They give you something great, and then take it away. Way to go, Tumblr. Your site NOW has NOTHING to offer me. I hope you're happy!
From now on, I shall make all my posts here on Blogger. At least it's dependable.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Si hay alguien aparece que sabe como fijar el problema, entonces poderĂ© usar mi blog de tumblr. Pero en este momento, no tengo ningĂșn idea como usarlo.

      Delete
  2. That's interesting. I don't have that feature on my Tumblr dashboard yet. The way the icon there is warped makes me think there might be a cache problem. Maybe try either clearing your browser's cache or doing a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5 on PC) on the page?

    Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm...you can only get the messaging feature, right now, if someone has messaged you.

    When you see that it says a certain number of messages it can either mean that, since you had 2, 2 different people sent you a message or that one person sent you 2 messages. That new system has been a disaster and no one really likes it. It's very intrusive and not very user friendly.

    I'd probably just log out of Tumblr completely and then log back in. That should make it calm down.

    Also - because of the new messaging system Tumblr completely replaced the old letter writing system. So we can't send those any longer. That honked me off SO badly because I actually liked that system. It felt more...intimate. Like writing an actual letter for someone to read. I kept up with Tumblr friends using that and now I have to use that bizarr-o messaging thing so now no one talks to each other because they hate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow....I'm glad that I'M not the only one who hates that messaging bomb! Luckily, I found an e-mail that Tumblr sent to me right before they infected their blog system with that computer-virus-type "instant messaging" disaster. So, I have an address to write to them at. It's: https://www.tumblr.com/support
      I'm going to write to them--and I have plenty to say!

      Delete
  4. Just a couple of minutes ago, I was able to use the "ghost" messaging feature at the top of your Tumblr page. I sent you a test message to you to see if it would alert you somehow to connect with your page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll have to go over to that blog and see what the deal is. When people send a message to me here, at Blogger, it goes directly to my e-mail box. But with tumblr, I have to go to the blog to see if there's anything waiting for me there. Not exactly convenient! Thank you for your message.

      Delete