Goodness gracious, Animan, I'm not sure how well that set design is going to work for a sci-fi epic.
(I'm joking)
I hope you take some inspiration from a few spaghetti westerns! And shows like - THE RIFLEMAN!
How could you not love Chuck Connors playing a lone dad on the Frontier?
Or even...Big Valley. Those "rich western families"...well I like Big Valley the most. I thought the daughter in that one was an absolute goon but Barbara Stanwyck is forever amazing and plus she had three strapping sons running around and always getting captured or caught up in dangerous man-on-man situations. And the rich family shows always had the one "ethnic minority" chef in the house. In "Big Valley" he was African-American and on "Bonanza" he was Chinese, I think. It was dangerous being Chinese or Japanese out there, too.
This will be an Animan homage to the cowboy-themed cartoons made in the 1960's. In response to some requests, it will feature a few older characters, some with facial hair.
Or you've could've deceived us by making this just one of several Hollywood sets, AHA! Joking of course, save a horse ride a cowboy yes indeed! So many potential ideas for scenes, the ranch hand's son getting wild instead of his daugher, the sheriff punishing outlaws in his own special way, always the notion of a few too many drinks at the saloon, or hero who bests the outlaw getting to spend his bounty money well! I don't know much about the older cartoons you mentioned, but I do know most other old-west themed media, like Leone's movies, gunsmoke, and the funniest of them all, Blazing Saddles! This is gonna be good, I just know it, Animan!
Plenty of inspiration from old t.v. westerns. The Rifleman, Bonanza, The Big Valley, Paladin, Cheyenne (love to see a character resembling Clint Walker or Dan Blocker)
I like the idea of Hoss Cartwright (was there a clue there as to what he had in his trousers, shame he died so young), and Lorne Green was gorgeous as Ben, though having grown up hating westerns I'll wait to see more tasters, comedy westerns I know nothing about, so you'll have to convince me Animan, though I'll buy it now you've said there's older characters with facial hair, they are my undoing!!! David
My father thinks he's John Wayne, knows all the dialogue from his films, and is very boring in knowing the names of cameo actors in the most obscure western movie. When I try and tell him that it was dirty and smelly in the west and guys frequently slept with each other to keep warm at night, and things obviously happened, he won't have it, he won't watch How The West Was Hung with me either. Were you trying to say "By Crikey"? Whilst I do my best to understand American colloquialisms, an American doing a British one nearly still confuses me. I have a Falcon magazine of cowboys somewhere, I'll have to leave it where my father can find it. David
As an American, I'm flattered that your dad likes our movies about the ol' West, even if they are a bit overdone at times. By all means, let your father get a good look at those Falcon cowboys--it may mean a whole life for him, who knows?
I had an aunt who always said "Dad-gum-it!" and "By cracky!" It's an actual Americanism--you can Google for it and come up with dozens of entries. It even appears in an old song, "I Like Mountain Music":
"I like mountain music, good old mountain music Played by a real hillbilly band Give me rural rhythm, let me sway right with 'em I think the melodies are grand I have heard Hawaiians play in the land of the wicki-wacki But I must say you can't beat 'Turkey in the Straw', by cracky! I like mountain music, good old mountain music Played by a real hillbilly band"
Now there's me educated, never heard of it before, but then I've listened to the same music since the early 70's, and it's not Hillbilly or Country & Western as you can imagine. I like the idea of Hillbilly's and inbreeding, with Deliverance being a favourite film, "you've got a perty mouth, squeal like a pig" is one of my favourite lines. So does that mean you'll be incorporating some "Good Old Mountain Music"? My father is French Canadian, my mother a Scot, so I'm just mixed up, I'll leave the magazine out for my father in a couple of weeks when I go and see him. David
Ah yes, Deliverance. I saw that movie. I would have preferred that Burt Reynolds play the bottom in that scene, but I can dream, can't I? "By cracky" is the kind of expression that an old-timer would use in one of them old western films. I'm purty shore that it was used among both the hill folk and the cowboys. I don't think it was that popular in the deep south, though... There won't be any mountain music in the next Animan epic, but I promise that it'll be exactly what the video needs. :)
Strangely "By cracky" means the same as "By Crikey", so obviously the old adage of two countries separated by a common language applies there. I like the "Dadgumit" too, a bit like a spoonerism, which I find great fun, the toast at an Oxford University dinner was made to "Our Queer Old Dean" instead of "Our Dear Old Queen" supposedly. I was quite content with the Ned Beatty character in Deliverance, but as Burt Reynolds has aged since then I'd now be happy to see him bent over as the bottom. David Huddlestone is one of my favourite bit part cowboy actors, like him even more since Santa Claus the movie. Looking forward to seeing the characters when you have them pinned down. As ever, David.
I will be doing a post featuring my western characters when I've, as you say, pinned them down. At the moment, I'm still pinning. There's another word, "Dag-nabbit!" that became rather well-known thanks to a cantankerous old character 'Grandpappy Amos' (played by Walter Brennan) who uttered the line constantly on an old 1950's TV show, "The Real McCoys". I believe there are some episodes to watch on YouTube for the non-faint-of-heart. I like to imagine Burt Reynolds bent over in Deliverance--Yum---he was in an episode of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents"--'Escape to Sonoita' and I can't take my eyes off him--he looks like a Tom of Finland creation. So hunky. Here's where you can see a 30 second clip from that show: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xn8fzj_alfred-hitchcock-presents_shortfilms
Walter Brennan looks good in his thermals, and you're right about Burt looking like a Tom of Finland creation, I prefer him now though, but then I'm not into youngsters. A Spencer Tracy inspired character would get my vote, now there's a actor I couldn't keep my eyes off. David
Mmm, it looks like Howdy-Doody Time. Can't wait to see what transpires at the local brothel. Perhaps more "male bonding" than we think. . . Hmmm (wink)
well you're moving very quickly these days. hehehe :D Oh, its about time you did a western sex masterpiece. I won't offer any ideas as I'm sure they've all been covered one time or another by everyone.
I would like to go back for a visit sometime soon. I want to make a couple more videos before I take some time off----and, I have to wait until my day job gives me some time off. :)
Stop by in the District of Columbia and we can have lunch or dinner together. I am afraid I cannot offer you lodging because my brother is living with me now, and the sleeper sofa in my office/library is not comfortable.
No--there will be no more, and I can totally understand what you're saying. One person may find a certain word distracting while another person finds it exciting. One man's turnoff is another man's turn-on, and that's tricky. As Animan, I walk a very very narrow line, but I appreciate your feedback! Thank you.
One of the hottest things about your movies is the dialog. The best of which was in the junior men's college vid. Every time I try to make it through the whole movie I ended up getting caught up in the dialog. Great work my friend.
I agree, your dialogue may be silly at times, but I think it just adds to the lighthearted tone of your movies. It's as much a part of your shtick as big bottoms and retro settings!
I think many will agree that erotic comics have a HUGE amount of talking going on in them while the characters are having sex. They have to do that, because the dialogue is what moves the story along. Since we aren't actually hearing it with our ears, it seems innocent enough. I learned early on that there was NO WAY I could put that much audible sex dialogue into a cartoon without it becoming super-talky and irritating. For "Lex", I had planned on more dialogue, but decided it would be better to keep the dad/son talk to a minimum. Instead, I let Cliff the Milkman make all the dirty puns and nasty talk. It was part of his character, and I think Jess and his Dad were secretly enjoying it!
Goodness gracious, Animan, I'm not sure how well that set design is going to work for a sci-fi epic.
ReplyDelete(I'm joking)
I hope you take some inspiration from a few spaghetti westerns! And shows like - THE RIFLEMAN!
How could you not love Chuck Connors playing a lone dad on the Frontier?
Or even...Big Valley. Those "rich western families"...well I like Big Valley the most. I thought the daughter in that one was an absolute goon but Barbara Stanwyck is forever amazing and plus she had three strapping sons running around and always getting captured or caught up in dangerous man-on-man situations. And the rich family shows always had the one "ethnic minority" chef in the house. In "Big Valley" he was African-American and on "Bonanza" he was Chinese, I think. It was dangerous being Chinese or Japanese out there, too.
Westerns are full of story ideas.
This will be an Animan homage to the cowboy-themed cartoons made in the 1960's. In response to some requests, it will feature a few older characters, some with facial hair.
DeleteOr you've could've deceived us by making this just one of several Hollywood sets, AHA! Joking of course, save a horse ride a cowboy yes indeed! So many potential ideas for scenes, the ranch hand's son getting wild instead of his daugher, the sheriff punishing outlaws in his own special way, always the notion of a few too many drinks at the saloon, or hero who bests the outlaw getting to spend his bounty money well! I don't know much about the older cartoons you mentioned, but I do know most other old-west themed media, like Leone's movies, gunsmoke, and the funniest of them all, Blazing Saddles!
ReplyDeleteThis is gonna be good, I just know it, Animan!
I can recall watching "Bonanza" and imagining all types of things.....
DeletePlenty of inspiration from old t.v. westerns. The Rifleman, Bonanza, The Big Valley, Paladin, Cheyenne (love to see a character resembling Clint Walker or Dan Blocker)
ReplyDeleteWe'll have to see what develops...:)
DeleteI like the idea of Hoss Cartwright (was there a clue there as to what he had in his trousers, shame he died so young), and Lorne Green was gorgeous as Ben, though having grown up hating westerns I'll wait to see more tasters, comedy westerns I know nothing about, so you'll have to convince me Animan, though I'll buy it now you've said there's older characters with facial hair, they are my undoing!!!
DeleteDavid
I grew up hating westerns, too. That's why I have to address the genre, and do my best to liven it up, by cracky!
DeleteMy father thinks he's John Wayne, knows all the dialogue from his films, and is very boring in knowing the names of cameo actors in the most obscure western movie. When I try and tell him that it was dirty and smelly in the west and guys frequently slept with each other to keep warm at night, and things obviously happened, he won't have it, he won't watch How The West Was Hung with me either.
DeleteWere you trying to say "By Crikey"? Whilst I do my best to understand American colloquialisms, an American doing a British one nearly still confuses me.
I have a Falcon magazine of cowboys somewhere, I'll have to leave it where my father can find it.
David
As an American, I'm flattered that your dad likes our movies about the ol' West, even if they are a bit overdone at times. By all means, let your father get a good look at those Falcon cowboys--it may mean a whole life for him, who knows?
DeleteI had an aunt who always said "Dad-gum-it!" and "By cracky!" It's an actual Americanism--you can Google for it and come up with dozens of entries. It even appears in an old song, "I Like Mountain Music":
"I like mountain music, good old mountain music
Played by a real hillbilly band
Give me rural rhythm, let me sway right with 'em
I think the melodies are grand
I have heard Hawaiians play in the land of the wicki-wacki
But I must say you can't beat 'Turkey in the Straw', by cracky!
I like mountain music, good old mountain music
Played by a real hillbilly band"
Now there's me educated, never heard of it before, but then I've listened to the same music since the early 70's, and it's not Hillbilly or Country & Western as you can imagine. I like the idea of Hillbilly's and inbreeding, with Deliverance being a favourite film, "you've got a perty mouth, squeal like a pig" is one of my favourite lines. So does that mean you'll be incorporating some "Good Old Mountain Music"?
DeleteMy father is French Canadian, my mother a Scot, so I'm just mixed up, I'll leave the magazine out for my father in a couple of weeks when I go and see him.
David
Ah yes, Deliverance. I saw that movie. I would have preferred that Burt Reynolds play the bottom in that scene, but I can dream, can't I?
Delete"By cracky" is the kind of expression that an old-timer would use in one of them old western films. I'm purty shore that it was used among both the hill folk and the cowboys. I don't think it was that popular in the deep south, though...
There won't be any mountain music in the next Animan epic, but I promise that it'll be exactly what the video needs. :)
Strangely "By cracky" means the same as "By Crikey", so obviously the old adage of two countries separated by a common language applies there. I like the "Dadgumit" too, a bit like a spoonerism, which I find great fun, the toast at an Oxford University dinner was made to "Our Queer Old Dean" instead of "Our Dear Old Queen" supposedly.
DeleteI was quite content with the Ned Beatty character in Deliverance, but as Burt Reynolds has aged since then I'd now be happy to see him bent over as the bottom. David Huddlestone is one of my favourite bit part cowboy actors, like him even more since Santa Claus the movie. Looking forward to seeing the characters when you have them pinned down.
As ever, David.
I will be doing a post featuring my western characters when I've, as you say, pinned them down. At the moment, I'm still pinning.
DeleteThere's another word, "Dag-nabbit!" that became rather well-known thanks to a cantankerous old character 'Grandpappy Amos' (played by Walter Brennan) who uttered the line constantly on an old 1950's TV show, "The Real McCoys". I believe there are some episodes to watch on YouTube for the non-faint-of-heart.
I like to imagine Burt Reynolds bent over in Deliverance--Yum---he was in an episode of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents"--'Escape to Sonoita' and I can't take my eyes off him--he looks like a Tom of Finland creation. So hunky.
Here's where you can see a 30 second clip from that show:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xn8fzj_alfred-hitchcock-presents_shortfilms
Walter Brennan looks good in his thermals, and you're right about Burt looking like a Tom of Finland creation, I prefer him now though, but then I'm not into youngsters. A Spencer Tracy inspired character would get my vote, now there's a actor I couldn't keep my eyes off.
DeleteDavid
One reason for the western theme is that it'll give me an excuse to include some older characters.
Deleteit is impossible to imagine anything sexier than bearded cowboys stables and prison) successful road Animan. we are waiting!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sergey, for the vote of confidence!
DeleteThe western theme is a great idea for a setting, can't wait to see how it develops!
ReplyDeleteNeither can I!!!
DeleteMmm, it looks like Howdy-Doody Time. Can't wait to see what transpires at the local brothel. Perhaps more "male bonding" than we think. . . Hmmm (wink)
ReplyDeleteHowdy-Doody and Buffalo Bob! You've got a western town full of men, with almost no women. Something's gotta give!
DeleteMaybe you can make it like a Mexican/American War type theme except there'll be more of the "Lovin'" than warfare.
ReplyDeleteAniman's men are lovers, not fighters!
DeleteHi Animan,
ReplyDeletewell you're moving very quickly these days. hehehe :D
Oh, its about time you did a western sex masterpiece. I won't offer any ideas as I'm sure they've all been covered one time or another by everyone.
So good luck and keep up the great word friend,
Cheers!
Ray
Hi Ray
DeleteI figured the western theme had to be tackled sooner or later. This is good a time as any!
Thanks for the encouragement!
Cheers to you,
Animan
I cannot wait for the new video.
ReplyDeleteTony
I'll do my best so you don't have to wait too long.
DeleteBy the way, do you ever come back in the states ? Just out of curiosity.
ReplyDeleteI would like to go back for a visit sometime soon. I want to make a couple more videos before I take some time off----and, I have to wait until my day job gives me some time off. :)
DeleteStop by in the District of Columbia and we can have lunch or dinner together. I am afraid I cannot offer you lodging because my brother is living with me now, and the sleeper sofa in my office/library is not comfortable.
DeleteThank you, Tony. I am not sure when I will make the trip. I will announce it in my blog. It's very kind of you to invite me!
DeleteHi dear Animan
DeleteI invite you in Moscow)
But please dont stop your producing movies for long time!
Thank you Sergey, for the very kind invitation! It has always been my dream to visit Russia. When I go to Moscow someday, I hope I can meet you. :)
DeleteHmmm...any "horseback" riding?
ReplyDeleteOr should I say "bareback"? ;)
Bareback? In an Animan movie? Nothing butt! ;)
DeleteIs there going to be more talk of "inseminating" this time around? Try as I might, the dialogue really distracted me in the last short.
ReplyDeleteNo--there will be no more, and I can totally understand what you're saying.
DeleteOne person may find a certain word distracting while another person finds it exciting. One man's turnoff is another man's turn-on, and that's tricky.
As Animan, I walk a very very narrow line, but I appreciate your feedback! Thank you.
One of the hottest things about your movies is the dialog. The best of which was in the junior men's college vid. Every time I try to make it through the whole movie I ended up getting caught up in the dialog. Great work my friend.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouraging words--I needed to hear them! I was starting to think that I shouldn't let my characters talk too much...
DeleteI agree, your dialogue may be silly at times, but I think it just adds to the lighthearted tone of your movies. It's as much a part of your shtick as big bottoms and retro settings!
DeleteI think many will agree that erotic comics have a HUGE amount of talking going on in them while the characters are having sex. They have to do that, because the dialogue is what moves the story along. Since we aren't actually hearing it with our ears, it seems innocent enough. I learned early on that there was NO WAY I could put that much audible sex dialogue into a cartoon without it becoming super-talky and irritating. For "Lex", I had planned on more dialogue, but decided it would be better to keep the dad/son talk to a minimum. Instead, I let Cliff the Milkman make all the dirty puns and nasty talk. It was part of his character, and I think Jess and his Dad were secretly enjoying it!
Deleteis the a video???
ReplyDeleteIt is a video. The Sheriff of Lone Gulch.
Delete